We have been a Langford, BC based business since 1983. We provide a wide range of general contracting and project management services such as commercial, institutional, and residential construction, as well as concrete formwork, earthworks and excavation, and civil infrastructures.
One of our core values is RESPECT. We are committed to provide a respectful workplace that maintains the dignity or all employees, making it a great place to work for long term employment.
We haveopportunities for a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team on a full-time basis in Victoria, BC.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations
- Experience in backfilling, ditching, excavation, grading, trenching, sloping and banking.
- Secure special attachments to equipment.
- Must maintain daily equipment logs, and other necessary paperwork as required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for understanding, following, and promoting a safe work environment.
- Positive attitude, team player and strong work ethic.
- Superb attention to details and accuracy.
- Reliable, productive, and adaptable to changing working environment.
- Work with the following equipment, excavator, backhoe, loader, roller, crusher, dozer, bobcat, and skid steer
- 2 years + experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator.
- 3 years’ experience in civil construction.
- Ground Disturbance certification considered an asset.
- Heavy Equipment Operating ticket considered as asset.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work alone, or as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Willingness to learn or take on new challenge.
- Strong work ethic
- Working at various jobsites within Victoria, Westshore, and Sooke.
- Exposure to changing weather conditions and elements.
- Competitive wages based on knowledge, skill and experience
- Overtime pay
- Safety Gear Allowance
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- RRSP matching
- Life insurance
Health and Safety
We are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and health work environment for all through the implementation of a comprehensive health and safety program.
We thank you for your interest in applying. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.