We have been a Langford, BC based business since 1983. We provide a wide range of general contracting and project management services such as commercial, institutional, and residential construction, as well as concrete formwork, earthworks and excavation, and civil infrastructures.
On of our core valueis RESPECT. We are committed to provide a respectful workplace that maintains the dignity or all employees, making it a great place to work for long term employment.
We have opportunities for a Pipelayer to join our team on a full-time basis in Victoria, BC.
The following are some of the job requirements, abilities and understandings but not limited to:
- Strong understanding of grades, slopes and elevations and be able to transfer information from plans and survey layout to site.
- Ability to read construction plans and drawings and provide field construction layout with or without a surveyor.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specifications and standard details for typical types of work. (Sewer, drain, water, hydro, telephone, electrical)
- Demonstrate understanding of specific water main, storm and sewer installation procedures and backfilling procedures and experienced with: Live tie-ins, beveling pipe, working with mechanical joints, couplers and fittings, setting and raising CB's & MH's, benching MH's, drop MH's, setting headwalls, installing sanitary cleanouts & inspection chambers, Inserta tees, fire hydrants, air valve assembly, flush
- Demonstrate understanding of specific Hydro, Telephone, Shaw and Electrical installation and backfilling procedures, conduit installation, concrete duct bank encasements, JB's, vaults, MH's and work in shoring cages.
- Experienced working with differing types of pipe including: PVC, C-900-PVC, HDPE, ductile, cast and steel.
- Understand and preform tests for various types of pipe systems including pressure testing, air testing and mandrilling.
- Adhere to company safety standards and polices; assist with promoting a safe work culture.
- Always demonstrate a professional attitude even under pressure when representing the company.
- Endeavour to be the best, but do it with respect, integrity and honesty always.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work alone, or as part of a team.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Analytical thinking and ability to make good decisions.
- Reliable, productive, and adaptable to changing working environment.
- Willingness to learn or take on new challenges.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Working at various jobsites within Victoria, Westshore and Sooke.
- Exposure to changing weather conditions and elements.
- Competitive wages based on knowledge, skill and experience.
- Overtime is paid as per Employment Standards.
- Receive $150.00 dollars per calendar year towards the purchase of safety gear including CSA approved boots or rubber boots, high visibility work clothing or rainwear, prescription safety eye protection or custom hearing protection.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- RRSP matching
- Life insurance
Health and Safety
Our company is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and health work environment for all through the implementation of a comprehensive health and safety program.
We thank you for your interest in applying. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.